Wednesday 8 June 2011

Introduction... and then some

Gudday!
  My name is Adrienne (most call me Adie, a nickname my brother gave me the first time he saw me!) 
  I've been meaning to do this for aaages! Mostly prompted by a couple of friends whom urged me to, after watching my transformation. Yeah, I know, that sounds so melodramatic! I'll begin: 
  I'd been cruising along, partner, mother to 5 (3 of my own, 2 of my partner's), working 4 shifts a week, running a Gypsy Horse stud on the side, along with all the added extra curricular activities like Secretary and Registrar of our Gypsy Horse Society. 
I was getting uncomfortably large, a battle that I have fought my whole life. I was one of those chubby kids, managed to keep it in control through my adolescence but began to gain weight with my first pregnancy. 
   So - back to March 2010. I was at a horse clinic, conveniently at our place, when one of the other participants (in conversation to another at lunch) mentioned 'the liver cleanse diet'. Like most of us, I suspect, I'd heard about it, but never really looked it up - after all there was nothing wrong with MY liver, I didn't drink alcohol at all!
   My daughter took lots of photos at the clinic, and that night I had the task of sorting through the pictures. By crikey I was HUGE! In an attempt to get fit a year or so earlier, we bought the Wii Fit series, and so I was able to check my weight. 
  By that Sunday evening, I had reached my all-time heaviest of 114 kilos!!!
VERY not good. 
  In despair and near defeat I surfed the 'net, and remembering the earlier conversation, I checked out the liver cleanse diet. I don't remember now, how I got to where I did, but by the next morning, my whole diet, soon to be my whole LIFE, had changed.
MORE later, I've got to get ready for work. 
Adie
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment