Monday 13 June 2011

Electric Bike and Jondaryan Heavy Horse

About 6 months ago I decided that I needed to incorporate more exercise into my day. I'd been walking up 7 flights of stairs and down after work, gradually pushing myself to speed up to a jog. Despite this, my weight has stabilised (or plateaued) 20 kilos higher than I should be. So I decided to devote one of my stallion's services to buying an electric bicycle to ride to work.
  After extensive research I decided on a bike sold by a company  in Australia, but built in China. Price-wise it is in the lower middle bracket. I (unwisely) chose to order and pay for it just before Easter. I was told it would be delivered in 3 weeks, when a video would be sent for us to confirm that everthing was in order. Then there would be 10 days for travel. I could live with that! 
  On the fourth week we emailed the seller to ask how far away the bike was. He apologised and promised he would contact the factory. We thanked him and waited...
  Numerous emails (always instigated by US) we finally got the video of the bike - and they'd given us the wrong tyres and mud guards! We quickly told the seller, whom informed the factory - they very helpfully threw in the RIGHT tyres and guards for US to assemble. 2 weeks later the bike arrived, the local P.O ringing us to come and get it as it wouldn't fit in their Postie's car!
  So today, on a wet cold Sunday, we are wrestling with my bike! I've had the back wheel off, changed the  tyre, taken off the back guard, put on the correct guard, put the back wheel BACK on, (admidst much cursing and groaning) only to discover than I'd attached the back guard to the wrong spot, and had to take the back wheel OFF again to fix it! Arrrgghh!
   It's now dark and apart from needing 3 wee screws to hold the guard struts on, I'm pretty much done! Tempted to still take it to the local bike shop for a quick check up, make sure the brakes are adjusted properly, etc. I'm rather proud of myself, and should be on the road by the end of the week. THEN I reckon give me two weeks to get my BUM used to that tiny very hard seat *groan*!



  Saturday Steve and I drove up to Jondaryan for the annual Heavy Horse Festival. We left at 6:15am, it was freeeezing! We made it up there just before 8:30, then spent the next 3/4 hour putting the Australasian Gypsy Horse Soceity display tent up. It probably took another hour to get all the pics on the wall, but once finished it came up a treat. 
   Dorothy, the new Gypsy Cob owner in Dalby (she's just moved from the Gold Coast), brought her colt Watermark The Phantom. He's a lovely boy, lots of white,  with one eye totally ringed in black, but with white eyelashes! Very striking! He coped really well for his first day out. 

  Featherdale Whistling Dixie was there also, recently purchased by her new owner and brought up to Qld. She's related to the colt above. Her sire is a half brother to him. 



   The two Geordie foals from Dalby came, and what a treat to finally meet TriColby Griffin!
The lovely TriColby Aliyana (Lani) had her first outing also, it was lovely to see her again! She was born on our place.

No comments:

Post a Comment